STAR400 TAP Modules is a module with fiber optic splitters, which divide each optical signal into two outputs, one for live link traffic and one for monitoring.
The module enables to connect monitoring equipment to the existing high density network infrastructure, saving valuable space and providing flexibility in connecting and disconnecting monitoring equipment on demand, without interfering with live network traffic.
- Enables changes to monitored ports without disrupting the live link.
- Uses low-loss, advanced multimode splitter technology for greater distance.
- Suitable for STAR400-1U ODF, STAR400-2U ODF and STAR400-4U ODF.
- Individual LC Fiber and LC Port numbering.
- Built in Shuttered LC adapters ensure user safety for invisible laser beams.
- All connectors (MTP® and LC) include dust caps.
- 100% tested Insertion Loss & Return Loss (IL&RL) for each fiber.
- Testing is documented for each module, individually identified by a serial number.
- Each connector's ferrule geometry is tested using interferometer for standard proof performance.
- Bend-Insensitive fibers MM OM3 as per IEC 60793-2-10 type A1a.2, MM OM4 as per IEC 60793-2-10 type A1a.3 and SM as per ITU-T G.657.A2.
Standards and Compatibility
- Complies with IEEE P802.3bs for 400 Gb/sec Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3ba for 40 and 100 Gb/sec Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3ae for 10 Gb/sec Ethernet
- Complies with TELCORDIA GR-449-CORE, IEC 61754-7, IEC 61754-20, TIA-604-5 (MPO FOCIS 5), TIA-604-10 (LC FOCIS 10), TIA 568-C.3, IEC 60793-1, IEC 61755-3, IEC 11801 (OS2, OM3 and OM4), ITU-T G.651, TIA-492.AAAC, TIA 492.AAAD and TIA 942-A.
- Complies with Safety of Flammability of Plastic Materials rating – UL94-V-0.
- RoHS compliant.
MTP is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd